Welcome to Montgomery County, Ohio Building Regulations!
- The citizens and users of buildings in many of the jurisdictions in Montgomery County, including all of the townships and several of the cities and villages.
- Building codes for new construction, additions, alterations, and changes in the way buildings are used. We also enforce flood damage prevention regulations, and airport zoning around the Wright-Patterson Air Force Base.
We work with…
- Local zoning and fire departments
- Public Health – Dayton and Montgomery County
- Many other state and local agencies involved in specific aspects of building construction and use approval, such as daycare licensing, public swimming pools, elevators, boilers, etc.
- Building damage due to fire, vehicle impacts, wind, flood, etc.
- Work done on, or occupancy of, buildings without required approvals or inspections
To learn more about our commitment to our customers click here.
OHIO BUILDING CODES ONLINE
Commercial and Residential building codes can viewed online at: https://codes.iccsafe.org/public/collections/OH
Note this link takes you to the 2017 Ohio Building Code and associated commercial codes. To access the Residential Code of Ohio, click the “2013” button at the top of that page and you’ll be able to view the Residential Code.
New Residential Code Coming
The 2019 Residential Code of Ohio goes into effect July 1st, 2019. New code books should be available prior to the effective date, but in the mean time see links below.
To view the full code in PDF form, click here.
To view selected changes in PDF form, click here
To view the BBS Code Change Summary, click here
For the Board of Building Standards Training Schedule on the 2019 Residential Code of Ohio and the International Energy Code, click here
Office Hours: 8:00AM - 4:30PM, Monday - Friday
Public Parking is available in the County Garage accessed off of Second Street.