Welcome to Montgomery County, Ohio Building Regulations!
Montgomery County Building Regulations now accepts electronic submissions for commercial and residential projects. To submit your project online, Click here.
Effective June 12 we will only accept electronic submissions for commercial projects. Beginning July 17 we will only accept electronic submissions for both commercial and residential projects.
To make payment - Click here
451 West Third Street, 10th Floor
Dayton, Ohio 45422-1070
Phone: (937) 225-4622
Fax: (937) 225-6327
Office Hours: 8:00AM - 4:30PM, Monday - Friday
Public Parking is available in the County Garage accessed off of Second Street.
- The citizens and users of buildings in many of the jurisdictions in Montgomery County, including all of the townships and several of the cities and villages.
- Building codes for new construction, additions, alterations, and changes in the way buildings are used. We also enforce flood damage prevention regulations, and airport zoning around the Wright-Patterson Air Force Base.
We work with…
- Local zoning and fire departments
- Public Health – Dayton and Montgomery County
- Many other state and local agencies involved in specific aspects of building construction and use approval, such as daycare licensing, public swimming pools, elevators, boilers, etc.
- Building damage due to fire, vehicle impacts, wind, flood, etc.
- Work done on, or occupancy of, buildings without required approvals or inspections
To learn more about our commitment to our customers click here.
To make payment online - Click Here
Montgomery County Building Regulations is excited to announce the release of a new credit card and Echeck/ACH payment portal through our partnership with Point & Pay. Effective January 4, 2021, our online payment options are expanding to include debit card, credit card and Echeck payment options.
The following service fees will be applied to each transaction through the new payment portal.
Credit/Debit Cards: 2.30% with a minimum service charge of $2.00 per transaction.
Echecks/ACH: $0.50 per transaction
The new online payment portal will allow entry of multiple items in a single transaction. What this means is that customers can complete payments for more than one permit or item in a single transaction and the service fee will be applied to the transaction – Echeck’s are only $0.50 per transaction and credit/debit cards would be calculated per the 2.30% minimum $2.00 transaction criteria. Please follow this link to visit the new payment portal: Make Online Payment.
We have started a prototype program for submitting one-, two- or three-family residential projects electronically. This program allows you to submit drawings and plan changes via email. Every submittal must be a flattened PDF (no layers) and must be accompanied by a completed Residential Application Form or a Supplemental Document Submittal form. Click here fro electronic submission.
Fee payments can be made by mailing a check or using our electronic Online Payment portal, but for new submittals, you will need to wait until our Permit Clerk has validated the submittal and assigned it a “Case Number” (once the project is approved, that will be referred to as a Permit Number).
You are welcome to call our office for more information.
Montgomery County Building Regulations office is open.
Montgomery County Building Regulations office counter hours are 8:00 am to 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday to apply for permits, pick up approved documents, and conduct records research.