Welcome to Montgomery County, Ohio Building Regulations!
- The citizens and users of buildings in many of the jurisdictions in Montgomery County, including all of the townships and several of the cities and villages.
- Building codes for new construction, additions, alterations, and changes in the way buildings are used. We also enforce flood damage prevention regulations, and airport zoning around the Wright-Patterson Air Force Base.
We work with…
- Local zoning and fire departments
- Public Health – Dayton and Montgomery County
- Many other state and local agencies involved in specific aspects of building construction and use approval, such as daycare licensing, public swimming pools, elevators, boilers, etc.
- Building damage due to fire, vehicle impacts, wind, flood, etc.
- Work done on, or occupancy of, buildings without required approvals or inspections
To learn more about our commitment to our customers click here.
NEW CODES NOW IN EFFECT
The Ohio Board of Building Standards has adopted new codes for commercial, industrial, and multi-family dwellings, effective November 1, 2017. For all projects started on or after that date, we are enforcing the 2017 Ohio Building Code, the 2017 Ohio Mechanical Code, the 2017 NEC, and other associated standards. Projects begun before then will continue to be reviewed under the prior edition of codes and associated standards.
The new building and mechanical codes can be found on the OBBS website here.
They can also be purchased from the International Code Council here.
UPDATED FEE SCHEDULE
Effective July 1, 2017, Building Regulations began using its updated fee schedule. Along with revised amounts, we made significant changes to simplify the schedule, and to make it more equitable. All applications will need to use new application forms and will have fees assessed per the new schedule. See the MAKE ONLINE PAYMENT tab for more information about the new fees, and see the APPLICATION FORMS tab for the new applications.
As part of this update, REGISTRATION OF MECHANICAL CONTRACTORS HAS BEEN DISCONTINUED.
451 West Third Street, 10th Floor
Dayton, Ohio 45422-1070
Phone: (937) 225-4622
Fax: (937) 225-6327
Office Hours: 8:00AM - 4:30PM, Monday - Friday