Welcome to Montgomery County, Ohio Building Regulations!
- The citizens and users of buildings in many of the jurisdictions in Montgomery County, including all of the townships and several of the cities and villages.
- Building codes for new construction, additions, alterations, and changes in the way buildings are used. We also enforce flood damage prevention regulations, and airport zoning around the Wright-Patterson Air Force Base.
We work with…
- Local zoning and fire departments
- Public Health – Dayton and Montgomery County
- Many other state and local agencies involved in specific aspects of building construction and use approval, such as daycare licensing, public swimming pools, elevators, boilers, etc.
- Building damage due to fire, vehicle impacts, wind, flood, etc.
- Work done on, or occupancy of, buildings without required approvals or inspections
To learn more about our commitment to our customers click here.
BUILDING REGULATIONS EXPANDS SERVICES TO BROOKVILLE
Effective September 4, 2018, the Montgomery County Building Regulations Division will begin providing all commercial and residential building code enforcement services for the City of Brookville. These services include the review of all plans and specifications for construction and alteration of commercial buildings, 1, 2, and 3-family homes, additions and accessory structures, as well as related HVAC, gas piping, sprinkler, alarm, and electrical work. All contractors, owners and lessees of real estate in Brookville will be required to secure building and inspection permits from Montgomery County’s Building Regulations Division.
Applicants will still need to first secure zoning approval from the City of Brookville before any associated building permits can be issued. Montgomery County Building Regulations will work closely with Brookville Zoning and Fire Departments to ensure coordinated approvals and inspections.
To apply for permits and request inspections, contact Montgomery County Building Regulations, 451 West Third Street, 10th Floor, Dayton, Ohio 45422. The general office phone number is 937-225-4622. Office hours are 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM, Mon – Fri. Public Parking is available in the County Garage accessed off of Second Street.
For additional information regarding residential permits, please contact Joe Mangan, Residential Plans Examiner, at email@example.com or 937-225-5038. Our Commercial Plans Examiner, Jim Tunison, can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 937-225-4635. Office hours are 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM, Monday through Friday.
For questions related to Brookville Zoning, contact Jim Snedeker at 937-833-2135, or at email@example.com. Fire Department questions should be directed to Ron Fletcher at 937-833-2345, or at Ron.Fletcher@brookvillefire.us.
FARMERSVILLE GOES A DIFFERENT DIRECTION
Montgomery County Building Regulations no longer does building code enforcement for the Village of Farmersville. They should be contacted directly for permit requirements: https://www.farmersville.us/
CODES AVAILABLE ONLINE
Building codes can viewed online at: https://codes.iccsafe.org/public/collections/OH
Note that takes you to the 2017 Ohio Building Code and associated commercial codes. To access the Residential Code of Ohio, click the “2013” button at the top of that page and you’ll be able to view the Residential Code.
Office Hours: 8:00AM - 4:30PM, Monday - Friday
Public Parking is available in the County Garage accessed off of Second Street.