Ohio’s Workforce Supply Tool
Monday, May 28, 2018
The State of Ohio recently updated the Workforce Supply Tool to include approximately 200 in-demand occupations. The Workforce Supply Tool provides both employers and job seekers with important and actionable information about the most in-demand occupations in Ohio, including:
- Statewide and regional workforce supply information
- Historical and future estimates on the number of graduates from programs offering credentials or degrees in in-demand areas
- Institutions that offer credentials or degrees in in-demand areas
- Regional earnings by occupation
- Regional employment numbers for each occupation
The tool was developed to be a one-stop website that provides diverse users with data to help make important decisions, including:
- Businesses considering relocating or expanding can identify the number of skilled workers available in a region.
- Recruiters and human resource leaders can identify and forge relationships with institutions that educate and train the workers they need.
- Job seekers and those considering pursuing a certification or degree can use the tool to identify earning potential in a chosen occupation and obtain contact information for education and training programs.
- Higher education providers can use the tool to identify similar programs and coordinate degree and certificate offerings.
Access the website through either the “Employers” or “Individuals” section of OhioMeansJobs.comby clicking on the “Supply Tool” icon on the bottom of the page. The Workforce Supply Tool was developed through a partnership among the Ohio Department of Higher Education, Ohio Department of Job and Family Services, Governor’s Office of Workforce Transformation, Ohio Analytics, and the Ohio Education Research Center at The Ohio State University.