Dayton Regional Green (DRG)
Business Category: Partners, Environmental and Government Regulations
In 2007, the Montgomery County Commissioners convened a forum of local citizens, government and business leaders to identify strategies to reduce greenhouse gas emissions in Montgomery County and the region. Many ideas were generated from the forum and as a result, the Dayton Regional Green 3 (DRG3) Task Force was created.
DRG3 Task ForceSustainability Goals:
- Become the regional resource for environmental sustainability and energy conservation through the Dayton Regional Green 3 website and Sustainability Center.
- Guide the region to become more energy efficient, integrate sustainability principles into daily operations and benchmark results.
- Develop a database for green standards.
- Introduce sustainability culture into the community.
- Reduce the region's carbon footprint through energy efficiency.
- Arrange workshops, seminars, and presentations to businesses and the community.
Join the network of hundreds of for–profit and non–profit businesses that are committed to creating a greener future for the Miami Valley. Our "Vision" is for the Dayton region to be the most vibrant economy and healthy environment in the Midwest to Live, Work, and Play!